Traveling With Dennis L. Siluk

Dennis Siluk has traveled the world over 27-times, here are just a few stories and articles by him. see site: http://dennissiluk.tripod.com

Monday, July 03, 2006

Rio De Janerio [A City of Many Colors] Travels with D.L. Siluk

Rio De Janeiro, A City of Many Colors


By Dennis L. Siluk


I was there in Rio De Janeiro, in 2001, this is a city by the sea, which pats the mountain nearby, and has black and white stones all about; a city of many colors and races. It has over 11-million people, or it did when I was there, perhaps more now. There steak isn’t wroth it, but their beaches are. There is a shanty town [s] known as favelas, but who wants to hear about that. The Atlantic Ocean is on top of you there. I know some Spanish, and they speak Portuguese, so that didn’t help, but they speak English, or many of them do.

My wife and I went to the top of Sugarloaf Mountain, the ride was great, and so was the view. Again I must say Copacabana Beach is perhaps the best beach I’ve yet to discover, discover worldwide that is. The sea waves are great, slap you and pull you and scared the daylights out of my little wife.

In addition to the main city, and its many sites, we took a trip into an outside area, where there were 365-islands, and we went to an island called Bernardo, where I found a giant footprint in stone along the beach, took a picture of it, along with some bird like creature, also its foot being embedded into stone for posterity. Again this was interesting, and just part of several things we did. As in most South American cities, the folks are warm for the most part. Not crazy, unbearable (like in Paris) and can be unforgettable; a nice place to visit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home